2. Schizoid: socially isolated, with restricted emotional expression.
3. Schizotypal: disconcerting peculiarities of thought, appearance, and behaviour; emotionally detached and isolated.
B. Dramatic, emotional, or erratic
5. Borderline: intolerant of solitude, intense and unstable moods and personal relationships, suicide attempts, chronic boredom or anger, drug and alcohol abuse.
6. Histrionic: seductive, demands constant reassurance and immediate gratification; rapidly changing, shallow emotional expression.
7. Narcissistic: self-absorbed, fantasies of perfection, preoccupied with envy, demands adulation, expects special treatment.
C. Anxious or fearful
9. Dependent: allows others to make decisions, needs constant advice and reassurance, fears abandonment.
10. Obsessive-compulsive: stiff, perfectionistic, overconscientious, indecisive, preoccupied with details, unable to express affection.
11. Passive-aggressive: resents demands and suggestions, procrastinates, sulks, avoids obligations by 'forgetting' or deliberate inefficiency.
Added in 1987 (DSM-III-R)
13. Self-defeating: feels exploited and mistreated; creates situations bound to cause disappointment and rejection; excessive unsolicited self-sacrifice, rejects help and opportunities for pleasure.